|Gertrude Fay Baker 
Noted events in her life were:
• She resided at 623 Washington St on 6 Apr 1930 in Watertown, New York. 4
• She had a residence in West Dennis, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
• She resided at Clay Street on 1 Jun 1900 in Quincy, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. 5
• She appeared on the US Federal census in 1900 in Quincy, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. 6
• She appeared on the US Federal census in 1910 in Quincy, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. 7
• She appeared on the US Federal census in 1920 in Quincy, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. 8
• She appeared on the US Federal census in 1930 in Watertown, Jefferson, New York. 9
• She appeared on the US Federal census in Apr 1930 in New York, New York. 10 Listed as a guest at the Hotel Roosevelt, Madison Ave & 45th Street. Her occupation lists Education in Public Health.
• She worked as an Instructor, College 1920 to 1930.
• She was buried at the Fern Hill Cemetery in Hanson, Plymouth County, Massachusetts in 1964.
• She traveled on the SS Cristoforo Colombo from Gibraltar in Apr 1956 in New York, New York. 11 Passport number 774301. She may have been traveling with Beulah Rector originally from Newport, Rhode Island
• She traveled on the SS Tola from Santa Marta in Aug 1934 in New York, New York. 11 She traveled with Ruth Baker, b: Aug 1867, Boston, Mass, from Hanson, MA
• She traveled on the SS American Farmer from London, England in Jul 1929 in New York, New York. 11 She traveled with Beulah Rector. Her residence is listed as Watertown, New York
• She owned Lot 20 B/Pond St, Deed, Page 822-221from Henry F Gill on 18 Sep 1952 in Dennis, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
• She owned Lot 20 B/Pond St, Deed Page 837-022,023 transfers one half interest to Beulah Rector on 19 Mar 1953 in Dennis. A mortgage for $6,000 from Security Federal Savings
• She owned Lot 5 B/Pond St, Deed, Page 879-168, 169 from Henry F Gill on 6 Jul 1954 in Dennis, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
• Graduate: MS School of Public Health, Yale University, 1921-1922, New Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut. 12 She was a University Scholar in the graduate School of Public Health for General Bacteriology and Public Health. She roomed at 315 York St.
• She worked as an executive secretary, Jefferson County Tuberculosis Committee in Oct 1912 in Watertown, Jefferson, New York. 13 Watertown Jefferson County Tuberculosis and Public Health Association, Inc.
• See the document Simmons Quarterly, Simmons College in 1918, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts. Refernces a Gertrude F Baker as instructor in chemsitry at Northfield Seminary in East Northfield, Massachusetts
• Graduate: BS Simmons College, 1914, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts. Simmons College is a nationally distinguished, small university in the heart of Boston. Our undergraduate women's college provides an exceptional School of Health Sciences.
• See the document 21st Annual Convention of the American Nurses' Assoc in May 1918, Cleveland, Ohio. The proceedings of the Twenty-First Annual Convention of the American Nurses' Association, May 7 - 11, 1918.
• See the document Practice of Municipal Administration, Pg 253 in 1974, New York.
• See the document Probate Property Lien Released on 30 Mar 1978, Dennis, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
Gertrude had a relationship with Beulah Rector  [MRIN: 1133], son of Frank Rector  and Martha Pickering . (Beulah Rector  was born on 25 Aug 1886 in Newport, Rhode Island and died on 25 Nov 1977 in Harwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts 14.)
Gertrude listed Beulah Rector as her partner in the 1930 US Census.
1 Charles T Baker.
2 Warren S BAKER & Hannah M (GRIFFIN) BAKER, Caroline (BAKER) Galambos, BAKER-GRIFFIN Genealogy.
Massachusetts, Massachusetts Vital Records Archive Index
4 US Census, 1930, Watertown, Jefferson, New York (6 April 1930).
5 1900 US Census, Year: 1900; Census Place: Quincy Ward 5, Norfolk, Massachusetts; Roll: T623 671; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 1067.
6 US Census, US Census, 1900, Massachusetts, Norfolk, Quincy Ward 5, District 1067, Sheet 2b.
7 US Census, 1910, Massachusetts, Norfolk, 5-Wd Quincy, District 1147, Sheet 5b.
8 US Census, 1920, Massachusetts, Norfolk, Quincy, District 249, Sheet 9b.jpg.
9 US Census, 1930, New York, Jefferson, Watertown, District 58, sheet 1b.
10 US Census, 1930 United States Federal Census, New York, New York, Manhattan (Districts 1001-1249), District 1202, sheet 19a.
11 New York Passenger Lists.
12 Yale University - 1922, Page 56, 542.
13 Journal of the Outdor Life.
Massachusetts Death Index, 1970-2003.
Home | Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List
© Copyright 2010 Charles T Baker
This Web Site was Created 21 Feb 2010 with Legacy 7.0 from Millennia