|Col. Warren Sears Baker, Jr. 
Col. Warren Sears Baker, Jr.  2
Cause of Death:
Noted events in his life were:
• He resided at 39 High St between 1964 and 2006 in Clinton, Middlesex County, Connecticut. 7
• He resided at 88 Grove Street between 1961 and 1964 in Clinton, Middlesex County, Connecticut. 7
• Military: US Air Force, Between 18 Sep 1947 and 31 Jul 1961. 6 7 9 Mar 1947-May 1949, Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan
• Military: US Army Air Force, 8 Nov 1939 to Mar 1947. 6 7 Nov 1939-Feb 1940, AC-Flying School, Tuscaloosa, AL
• He received the National Defense Service Medal 27 Jun 1950 to 27 Jul 1954. 6 7 The National Defense Service Medal is awarded to anyone who serves on active duty in the United States military during a designated time period of which a "national emergency" had been declared, 27 June 1950 to 27 July 1954 for service during the Korean War.
• He received the American Campaign Medal. 6 7 The American Campaign Medal was a military decoration of the United States armed forces which was first created in 1942 by order of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Originally issued as the "American Theater Ribbon", the decoration was intended to recognize those service members who had performed duty in the American Theater of Operations during the Second World War.
• He received the World War II Victory Medal. 6 7 The World War II Victory Medal is a decoration of the United States military which was created by an act of Congress in July 1945 . The decoration commemorates military service during the Second World War and is awarded to any member of the United States military, including members of the armed forces of the Government of the Philippine Islands, who served on active duty, or as a reservist, between 7 December 1941 and 31 December 1946 .
• He received the Occupation Medal. 6 7 The Army of Occupation Medal is a military decoration of the United States military which was established by the United States War Department in 1946. The medal was created in the aftermath of the Second World War to recognize those who had performed occupation service in either Germany or Japan.
• He received the American Defense Service Medal. 6 7 The American Defense Service Medal is a decoration of the United States military which was created in 1941 by Executive Order of President Franklin Roosevelt . The purpose of the American Defense Service Medal is to recognize those members of the U.S. military who had served on active duty before America's entry into the Second World War during the initial years of the European conflict. The medal is therefore authorized to any military member who performed duty between 8 September 1939 and 6 December 1941 .
• He received the Air Force Longevity Service Award. 6 7 It is awarded to all service members of the U.S. Air Force who complete four years of honorable active or reserve military service with any branch of the United States Armed Forces. The Air Force Longevity Service Award is a ribbon that replaces the Federal Service Stripes previously worn on the uniform.
• Membership: Certified Connecticut Municipal Collector (C.C.M.C.), Madison, New Haven County, Connecticut. 7
• He worked as a Tax Collector 1973 to 1993 in Madison, New Haven County, Connecticut. 7
• He worked as a Tax Collector 1964 to 1972 in Clinton, Middlesex County, Connecticut. 7
• He was buried at the Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia on 17 Jul 2006. 4 Section 54, grave 481
Warren married Estelle Loyce Outland  [MRIN: 3], daughter of John Bernard Outland  and Selma Elberta Riddick , on 10 Mar 1945 in Greenville, Washington County, Mississippi.1 (Estelle Loyce Outland  was born on 25 Sep 1922 in Newport News, Warwick County, Virginia,10 died on 27 Jul 2007 in Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut and was buried on 8 Aug 2007 in Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia 11.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• See the document Greenville Post, Vol IV, No 7, p1, 8 on 14 Mar 1945, Greenville, Washington County, Mississippi. Col. Baker Weds Lt. Outland At Chapel
• See the document newspaper clipping about 1945. Lt. Loyce Estelle Outland Engaged To Lt. Col. W. S. Baker
1 C E Cocke, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Certificate of Marriage (Washington County, State of Mississippi).
2 Charles T Baker.
3 Florida State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, Florida Certificate of Birth (Florida State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, 19 Mar 1917).
214 McNair Rd
Arlington, VA 22211
5 U.S. Census Bureau, 1920 U.S. Federal Census, Brockton, Plymouth, Massachusetts (3 Jan - 5 Jan 1920).
6 US Census, 1880, Virginia, Nansemond, Cypress, District 53, pg 2d.
7 Vital records of Nantucket, Massachusetts to the year 1850, Nantucket Vitals 1850, 1_356.
8 US Census, 1930, Massachusetts, Plymouth, Hanson, District 62, Sheet 7a.
9 US Air Force, Report of Transfer or Discharge (US Air Force, Westover AB, Chicopee Falls, MA, 31 Jul 1961), Recorded by Town Clerk, Clinton Ct, Vol 2 Page 487 on 3 Oct 1961.
10 Commonwealth of Virginia, Birth Certificate.
214 McNair Rd
Arlington, VA 22211
(703) 607-8000), Section 54 grave 481.
Home | Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List
© Copyright 2010 Charles T Baker
This Web Site was Created 21 Feb 2010 with Legacy 7.0 from Millennia